My Bucket List

Life is a part of death and death is a part of life. What can we do to escape this? Well, there is no escaping it and honestly there is no need to either. The cycle of life and death is natural and inevitable, but there is no need to get upset about it. What we need to do is live in the present moment, love one another, do what makes us happy, what makes other people happy and be the best of ourselves.
I was watching Morgan Freeman’s “The Bucket List” where he is diagnosed with cancer of some sort and the doctor says that’s he has at the most a year to live. His roommate, played by Jack Nicholson who is a billionaire and who is also diagnosed with cancer also has only a few months. They then decide to go on a road trip do things before they kicked the bucket.
 No one can tell when one is going to die; well that’s usually how it is. But think of it like in this movie, what if you were diagnosed with some kind of incurable disease and the doctor tells you that you only have a specific amount of time left? How would you spend your last days?
Me, I wouldn’t want to sit there thinking about what I couldn’t do and where I went wrong. I also wouldn’t want to start doing things that I wanted to do in the past. I would want to be with my family, my close friends and just spend some quality time, maybe talking about important things, telling stories of my past, you know, something that would ease them into the inevitable. Not regretting about what I couldn’t do when I young, but being satisfied with what I would have had accomplished. So after watching the movie I decided to make my own “bucket list”. I may not be able to do everything in this list, I’m sure I will enjoy doing the ones I can and even enjoy trying to do the others.

And so this is my bucket list:
o  Visit at least one of the Seven Wonders of the world (it’d be great if I could visit all seven)
o  Adopt a child
o  Road trip through out Bhutan
o  Visit Singye Dzong
o  Learn as many different international languages as possible
o  Write a book
o  Help someone’s dream come true
 Get so wasted that I don’t remember anything from the previous night at least once
o  Visit Rinchen Bumpa (Lhuentse)
o  Write a song (most probably a rap)
o  Go cycling through a few Dzongkhags
o  Learn to swim
o  Go stargazing
o  Get a pet (most probably a dog)
o  Learn to cook
   Read Shakespear
   Read a novel that makes me cry
o  Become a good Photographer
o  Paint a Blank T-shirt
o  Become a better artist
o  Get at least a Master’s Degree
o  Donate blood
Take 365 selfies (one each day)
o   Grow a ponytail (for a period of time)


This is all I have for now....... will keep adding as things come up

Comments